Sunday, March 21, 2010

Holy Cow!!!! She can do that too????

So I just finished reading Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh. It is all about how to help communicate with your baby to know when they have to go potty instead of making them go in their pants and sit around in their own waste. Sounds logical right? As with every new baby related idea, I optimistically set out on this journey with the best of hopes. Chloe is smart so I thought hey we should try this!!

Never did I expect it to be so easy!!! Here is our darling little girl on her potty, looking at a picture book with her daddy.
Whenever we think she has to go, we just sit her down, and usually she goes right away. We read stories to her while she is on the potty so that it is a fun experience for her too.
We got her potty chair in the mail 3 days ago. We don't "catch" every pee yet of course, but yesterday she used her potty 4 times, and today already 4 more times and once at Nordstrom. Yes that is the most amazing thing...she waited to go to the bathroom while we were shopping this afternoon!! We went to all sorts of stores, tried on clothes and carted Chloe around in her stroller for at least 2 hours. By the time we went into Nordstom to change her diaper I expected it to be drenched. Oh no, not the case. She was bone dry....huh that's weird... so then I took her to the potty, and asked "do you want to go pee pee??" and she went! Wow, I can NOT BELIEVE she knows what I am asking her!! I wish I would have started earlier, who knows how long she has been aware of her potty habits....probably since birth- at least that is what the book says. Anyway, that was the best book I have read about parenting so far, and an awesome day as a parent! So cool!!!
Way to go Chloe!! (pun intended) :)

5 comments:

Amber said...

Chloe is doing so awesome! Did you bring the potty with you to the mall or just hold her over the toilet? I am so excited for you guys. I have to read that book too!

Gma Julie and Gpa Allen said...

Wow, happy, happy day! It's amazing how much babies understand when you talk to them.

Carmen said...

I actually just stood her up and laid out a cloth diaper under her feet. She loves loves loves to pee standing up. Andrew thinks it is hilarious!! It is so funny, before we got the new potty she would only pee standing up. I haven't tried the real big person toilet yet, but have hot pink seat reducers all ready to go.

Amber said...

haha that is so cute! I have never tried that with Tuesday but I totally should because when she is running around with out a diaper and we have misses she is always standing up (and looking at her feet, like, what is happening?). What are these hot pink reducers you speak of?

Anonymous said...

love to lick her once she pees, a mix of pee and pussy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm