Saturday, March 31, 2012

day 4 barely

I took this when I finally got Maddie back to sleep last night.  She is officially sick.  And I am officially tired!  BTW  she is wide awake on my lap right now and it is nearly midnight!  Ah, if kids weren't so darned cute......
 needless to say I drank a lot of coffee today.  Good thing we buy the stuff at Costco!
 We did manage to make a yummy breakfast.  Yes it was from a tube, but I did spice it up a bit!
Add a little homemade (by amber) plum jam...

 then bake and you have a delicious breakfast that goes great with large cups of coffee.  We also put strawberries in the rolls, which surprisingly turned out great!

The rest of the day is a bit of a blur, but I did get a ton of packing done, and Maddie helped.  

 Dinner was a HUGE hit.  Penne, pesto and peas.  She had thirds!
 And of course desert followed by running in circles on the couch while we watched monsters inc.  Somehow I always fail to remember how any kind of sugar turns to instant energy in this little girl!
Ah, well here's hoping for a bit of rest tonight!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Whoa you have had a crazy exhausting week. Here's hoping Maddy takes the sickness well (gets over it quickly!). Hopefully all the nursing she'll have to do will make you sit down for at least a little while!