Monday, April 11, 2011

Melting snow

Finally!! We can see some concrete! The days are getting warmer and the snow is slowly but surely melting away! For some reason these last few weeks of winter seem to take just forever to go away. There is still no visible grass in our yard, but some of our neighbors have some peeking out. We have been doing nightly walks after dinner, and it is the best part of the day- by FAR.
No matter how stressed I have been during the day (which is usually pretty frigging stressed lately), it all just melts away as we get away on our adventures.

Chloe has grown extremely fond of puddles and wants to be in them all of the time. We just bought rain pants for her yesterday so she could splash to her heart's content. The rain boots help but the way this little girl puddle dives we may need to get hip waders!
"Chase you Daddy" (or Mommy or Chloe) is a new game that results in lots of running, laughing and squealing. "Got you!"

"Chase you!" She says this when she wants us to chase her too. I think it is because we say 'Do you want me to chase you?'

There are swings in the little neighborhood park. Also a fav. Although I do have to say I must be old because swinging is no longer as fun as it used to be. I get dizzy after only a few minutes! Maybe I need more practice, or more dramamine :)
I wish there was audio with this pic. Chloe is squealing super loud! A lot of noise comes from those tiny lungs. Maybe opera is in her future.
Next stop after swinging was a quick walk home, bubble bath for Chloe and bed time stories. Another perfect night.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Awe looks like so much fun. I can't wait to take the girls walking together when you are here next month!