Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More walking

Another beautiful sunny day in Anchorage!!



We of course spent the evening walking. I think that is what we will be doing every single day until we have the baby! It seems to be working although not as quickly as I had hoped. We went out to Earthquake Park and Point Waranzof. I love going out here because the planes take off right over my head. Some of the big cargo planes rumble the ground; they are so big it feels like I could almost reach up and touch them as they take off. I don't think I will ever get tired of coming here!



Just around the corner is the cliff that overlooks the inlet. We went down the dirt trail from here to the rocky beach. We walked out there for about 45 minutes. It was a great leg work out! Going down was much easier than coming back up!



We weren't the only ones who had a good time, the dogs loved it too! Shortly after we got down to the beach the dogs got to run free. It took some trickery to get them both back on leash but with some effort, we were able to outsmart the dogs.




Although we are walking with the hopes of starting labor, it has really been great to get out and enjoy all that Alaska has to offer in the summer. Although I could leave the mosquitoes, they were after us the whole time. So much for this sissy mosquito repellent. I was worried about chemicals and their affect on the baby, but I was given the free and clear today to douse myself in DEET (actually I am supposed to try and find the lowest % possible and wash it off as soon as I get home...but close enough). Watch out mosquitoes, here I come!

3 comments:

Erin W said...

Love the blog! You look great Carmen! Good luck with your last days of pregnancy!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely darling!!! And I know you are very ready for Chloe to make her appearance :)

Anonymous said...

Above was me...Ooops :)