Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brew Master Romerdahl

I thought I would share our newest beer with you all. Andrew is brewing up my favorite, a Hefeweizen, but he also added some coriander and orange peel, so it should have a little something extra to offer! He named this beer Chloe. Isn't it sweet that his first dedication is to his little (soon to be born) girl? It is still in the works, but should be on to clarification and kegging within the week. In other words, by the time it is finished I will be able to enjoy it!! I only took pictures of some of the steps. Making beer is just like cooking, except the outcome is a little more exciting!



Straining the grains. Mmmm at this stage it smells like baking bread!



Adding the malt.

Crushing the coriander seeds. Then after several more steps and additions.......


Brewing the beer! I made this beer cozy for Andrew to keep the beer at a more regulated warmer temp for the yeast, and to make a fashion statement on our counter. Pretty stylish if you ask me! I made a few of them, some in black and some in green.
Also for all of you wondering... it is Thursday evening, and still no baby :) We are busying ourselves with other things to hold off the anticipation! (thus the blog about brewing beer)Tonight we are going out to dinner. It may just end up being our last dinner with just the two of us! We are going to have to pick somewhere good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like someone needs to get a job. And if you already have one, you should get another one!! :)

Amber said...

I hope you found some where great to eat!