Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend

No, we still have no baby news. But we did have a fun packed weekend! Much of our activities were centered around walking, and being active. We have been told this is the best way to encourage little Chloe to arrive. That and a few other things.... (for all you who think spicy food works...no luck here). We loaded the dogs up in the car and went for a gorgeous walk on the coastal trail Sunday. We lost track of time and ended up on a 2 hour trek! It was great!



Monday I ended up working for most of the day, but when I got off we hit the trail again. This time we stuck around the neighborhood. I thought last week would be the last belly shot, but I was wrong. This is week 40. I really really hope this is the last belly shot!!



On our walk we collected spruce tips to use in a winter beer. A few years ago Andrew made a beer with spruce essence (because we didn't collect spruce tips the spring before), and it sat around for months and months before we could get rid of it. I don't want to say it was horrible, but I definitely can't say it tasted good. This time around with natural ingredients we can't go wrong!



Look at the joy on his face as he enjoys nature and thinks of beer :)

Mmmm, can't you just smell the spruce from here? They smell like springtime!


It wasn't all fun and nature. Andrew did get some house work done over the weekend. He powerwashed the roof today. It seems we have a moss problem that needed solving. If you have never power washed your roof you should try it. I couldn't believe how much gunk poured off of it! I wasn't completely useless in this endeavour, I did hold the ladder and offer great moral support. I am keeping close to the ground these days.


Now that we have all of the baby stuff ready, we are looking around for other projects to finish. Of course I mean the proverbial we, as Andrew is pretty much doing all of the heavy lifting around the house these days. I just provide great company :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am going to forward a link to this post to Bj, he needs to pull an Andrew and get up on our roof. Although it is really steep so he might need some kind of harness. Seriously though we have so much moss too! And I want our whole house looking shinny and nice :) Love the belly shot - hope it is the last one too!