Thursday, June 21, 2012

Too big? No problem!!

BEFORE size Medium.  
It was so big we had to roll the t-shrt sleeves since they went to her wrists.  Basically it was insanely huge.  She called it "the coach's shirt".  It was probably about the same size as his shirt!

AFTER size medium no more!!!
I scoured the web for the best way to alter the shirt and found THIS AWESOME SITE
I was a little freaked out because I had a super busy day with the girls and didn't get to start this project (or eat or pee...) until I had only 2 hours till she had to be at practice.  I had to cut the entire shirt up and re-sew the whole thing.  When I was cutting up the shirt with scissors I was thinking.....I hope this isn't a big mistake, I don't get a do-over.... But it worked out just how I planned (a miracle)!  Now her shirt fits!  I had to resist the urge to add any extra cute details (like rouching or gathered sleeves.....) Now that I know how to do this, I could totally alter any shirt to fit Chloe.  An old shirt of Andrew's could be re-purposed for Chloe.......  The opportunities are endless....unlike my free time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect job mama! I already pinned the tutorial. :)

gma P said...

Wow, that's impressive...especially with a 2 hour deadline.
Mom

Amber said...

Cool, love that the lady with the tutorial cuts down ones for her from men's shirts! Cool idea!