Friday, June 15, 2012

the Party

We had a BIG party for Chloe's birthday, and SO SO SO many people came!  We were so busy the whole time we barely got to take any pictures!  But I did make sure to get the cake photos.
Elena made the most awesome mini cake for Chloe!  We got the idea from Amber's super colorful cake from her baby shower.  Katie was kind enough to send me an email with her tips and tricks and also linked THIS recipe for the cupcakes that Elena ended up using!  Seriously they were the most amazing things I have ever seen!
When Chloe saw them online it was all that she wanted!

Of course Elena could have made anything look amazing.  Below is the cake she made for Chloe's second birthday.  AMAZING!
 All of the color was so inspiring that we decided to make rainbow cookies!  Chloe chose three colors and I divided the sugar cookie dough into 3 containers and added food coloring to each.  We then chilled the dough then broke it into pieces and laid it out over wax paper.  
 Chloe squished it all up into one sheet
 Then rolled it flat.  (I do not have a rolling pin as I do not bake very often and don't want to give up any prime kitchen real estate to something I seldom use.  A wine bottle always does the trick!)
 We chilled the sheet then cut out shapes and put them on the cookie sheet to decorate!
 They turned out awesome!  Loving the color!
Maddie says hello too! 
 It seems that the girls are changing very quickly now, and I need to take more photos to keep up with it all.  The only problem is that I am too busy trying to keep up with them to take photos!  A catch 22 :)  

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow what an awesome cake, and sounds like a cool party! I can't believe how big Maddie is getting!!