Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another trip to the zoo

These days I am trying to be as active as possible to encourage this baby to come out and meet us.  We go to the zoo a lot.  It is fun for Chloe but it is also great exercise for me with all of the hills and gravel trails.  Friday nights are concerts at the zoo, and we try to go as often as possible.  It is mostly parents with their kids.  Everyone brings picnic blankets, food and kids.  The kids run around together and dance, getting out all of their energy before bedtime!

Chloe LOVES LOVES LOVES dancing so she gets all of our energy out before bedtime too!  Andrew and I switch off, as her favorite thing to do is spin in circles.....whew it makes me dizzy!

This Friday she especially liked picking grass and throwing it at me.  She would laugh hysterically and run off to collect more grass to do it again.  She got me sitting down.


 She also got me standing up!  
 It was a great night, and probably the most fun we have had at the zoo yet!  I think we are averaging once or twice a week these days, and I have proposed every day going forward!  We finally saw the polar bear awake, which was probably even more exciting for me than Chloe!  Those things are HUGE!!!  much like me these days :)


2 comments:

Amber said...

I don't know if you can ever wear your little one out! She has the most energy of any kid I know! You're looking great with that big belly Carmen :)

Gdad-P said...

I’m getting nervous. Dancing, spinning, throwing grass, and on top of all that I have to be funny! Being a grandpa just turned into hard work. :-) I’m up to it so I say bring it on Chloe. Seeing all the action shots, I can hear her laughing and squealing.