Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Iditarod begins!

Chloe enjoyed watching the dog teams come thru Anchorage last year during the ceremonial start of the Iditarod, but this year she LOVED it!

It was awesome! We had a sunny clear day, with temps in the habitable range around 32. Tons and tons of people come out to see all of the dog teams and their favorite mushers. Chloe loves dogs, and other kids so this was a perfect combo!

You can see her excitement as she sees a dog team coming up the trail.
I wish there was audio with this :)




After the dogs went by she would try to run after them saying "Doggies back! doggies back!" Luckily the teams came thru every few minutes so she got to see plenty of action.

We played in the snow during the down time. Chloe especially liked poking the snow with sticks because she saw some of the older kids (3 year old) doing it. Here she is making a tree. I know this because right after I took this picture she said "look mommy! Tree!" and signed tree. So adorable.
She also gathered plenty of snow (away from the dogs) to eat. Yum snow.
It was a pretty great day, and I think I had almost as much fun as she did!
We can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

Carmen! I just got a link to your blog from Erin. We haven't chatted in ages, but I'm moving to Anchorage in July. Erin told me you live there and it would be awesome to have one familiar face when I get there! Anyway, you look tres happy and it would be great to catch up :).

Liesel