Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Boy


Andrew turned the big 30 last weekend and we had a BIG PARTY for him! We hosted the event at an awesome local restaurant called Spenard Roadhouse. This place was super awesome! We had a whole section of the restaurant reserved for our very large group. I am still not sure how I swung that, seeing as how this restaurant does not even take any reservations, but somehow they were convinced! The whole night was really a lot of fun.

As you can see we made some fun swag for the birthday boy, and although at the beginning he didn't want to wear it, by the end he was owning the look.
Elena and Donna helped me make the cupcakes and cake. We decided on a golf theme. I found an AMAZING recipe for coconut cupcakes and made the most delicious little bites of heaven. Elena is a whiz at fondant and made the fondant putting greens to top them off. They looked professional, and tasted so good!
Here is a close up of the cake that Elena made. The giant golf ball is actually a cake! I told you she is a whiz with fondant!
No birthday party is complete without a few embarrassing moments for the guest of honor. Elena supplied a full dose of laughter with this little gem of a gift.
Not only is it practical (did you know you can use a tv remote or answer the phone without having the annoyance of removing your blanket?) but it is also personally customized. "I'm 30"
I think this snuggie says it all- "its all down hill from here". Just kidding Andrew! Thankfully this has not made an appearance around the house yet :)

We all had a great time, and I can not believe how many people came! At the peak there must have been more than 30 people there for him. How awesome is that?! I wish I had taken a picture of the whole group. Afterwards we went to this weird tiki themed blues bar called blues central. Again I wish I had taken pictures. Imagine a vivacious 70 year old cougar giving Andrew a strip tease on the dance floor..... can't imagine it? Thats why I wish I had taken a picture! It was hilarious- the whole bar agreed!

Did I say I didn't have pictures? My mistake, here are a few. :)

Careful lady, he is a married man!
Do you think Andrew minds the attention?
I'd say he had a pretty good birthday! Happy 30 babe!

1 comment:

Julie and Allen said...

sounds like a great birthday. Wish we were there to celebrate with you Andrew!