Saturday, May 1, 2010


Yay it is the weekend!!!! It has been another fun week, but thank goodness for Saturday! We did a lot of things this week: Our in-home babysitter stopped returning our calls so Chloe went to daycare for the first time (I could hear her crying all the way outside, it was all I could do not to go back in and get her), we ate lots of strawberries, went on walks, wore shorts for the first time this year, had a date night for the second time in a whole year(thank you Jim and Donna), played at a toy store, moved Andrew out of his office (he is starting a new job on Monday), finished knitting a hat, swept the deck, went to the slush cup in Girdwood, and made some interesting dinners with our glacier valley farm CSA vegetables.


And of course we did a few photo shoots :) Andrew bought this dress for Chloe, isn't he a great Dad?!

We also finally bought the new Chariott for Chloe's riding pleasure. Seriously how can baby stuff be that expensive? Answer- people like us will still buy it. It is pretty awesome, and is made for two kids so currently Chloe has lots of room to spread out and share with her stuffed animal friends. We got this because it has a great bike attachment, and in the winter the wheels come off and it can be mounted on skis! Another bonus is the mesh covering, which will be essential for avoiding mosquito bites this summer. Chloe is still getting used to it, and we hope she will love it, because we want to get out there and enjoy the outdoors again! In the words of my husband, "Yum giraffe meat"!

Okay so here is the part of the post where I solicit your feedback!!!! Please help us! I am ready for a change downstairs, and change is going to come in the form of new paint. We ordered and just assembled our new rug made from Flor carpet squares. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but the problem is that is clashes with the wall color, as anticipated. I was thinking of going for a light mocha or latte color in there, what are your suggestions? Also, I am definitely going to need to make new pillows, and accessories....what color? I don't want too much red, but with a rug like that I think I have some other good options.
I also plan to make new dog bed covers out of some sort of ikea home decor fabric. I have a meeting down in Seattle next month and hope to pick up then. The dogs deserve to be trendy too!
So that is where we are at. Chloe is napping and I am going to quick like a bunny clean up after breakfast, paint a few baby canvases with bright base coats for Chloe to "paint"on this afternoon, and maybe do a load of laundry. I would say take a shower, but I pretty much have no hope of getting all that done during one nap. Especially when I spent half of it blogging :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ok first of all that last picture of chloe on the bed? I love it so much. Can you send me a full sized file so I can blow it up and put it in tutu's room? Second hat pictures woman! Third, Chloe needs a helmet :) Forth, I need to know how you like the chariot. We are leaning towards the delight (burley), but waiting for the next rei coupon. Five, holy cow that rug is awsome! And lastly I don't know maybe a red or plum color?

Anonymous said...

Carmen,

I love the new limo for Chloe, it looks very practical and safe. I am glad you are all feeling better and recovered from your trip. I think in your living room with that new wonderful rug I would go either a kind of wheatish color like the wood floor or a purple plum on the walls. You can certainly have fun with pillows, dog beds and curtains. Let me know what you do.

Wish we could get up to see you.
Congradulations to Andrew on a new job!

Aunt Emily

colorchic said...

Carmen,
First of all love the photos, especially the close up of Chloe! I think a nice plum color would look really nice on the walls. To bad you didn't get over to see our new workout room but you can see it here:

http://colorchic.typepad.com/color-chic/2010/01/stimulated-to-workout.html

It's Sherwin Williams Exclusive Plum SW6263. Might be a bet dark but you could try it @ 1/2 strength.
Definitely put up a good size sample before painting the whole room.
Good Luck & Happy Painting!