Friday, August 14, 2009

Sweater Weather

This past week has been a bit chilly! Normally I would be sad that summer is on it's way out, but with all of the cute sweaters just waiting in Chloe's closet, I am thrilled to start breaking them out. Not only are the sweaters cute, they are also hand knit. This yellow one is from Pat, it is super soft and girly. As you can see it is a favorite.
This green one is from Amber and also super soft! I think she spun the wool to make the yarn to knit the sweater....yes she is amazing.


This blanket was my latest project. I had been wanting to make one since I saw a similar version at the forest fair. I can't take all of the credit, Amber did give me the fabric and ribbon all in a kit for my birthday! One side is flannel and the other side is minky, and there are amazing ribbons from the ribbon jar sewn around the outside for Chloe to play with. I use the term "play" loosely; to her the ribbons are for sucking on, and grabbing.
To me the blanket is big, bright, cheery and perfect to to keep me cozy with my baby girl! I think I want to make another one that is t-shirt material on one side and minky on the other....maybe I could steal one of Andrews concert t-shirts he doesn't wear anymore. Reduce reuse recycle right?

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh that turned out so great! And she looks so good in that sweater. That is not handspun, but a sock yarn so you can stick it in a garment bag and wash it on cold, and then lay flat to dry.

Nick and Megan said...

Carmen -- this is Megan Paul (now Samuelson) -- how goes it stranger?? I found your blog through Amber's. Crazy! You have a beautiful family. Your pics of Alaska are amazing, and your life there sounds incredible. I'd love to see Alaska someday. Nick and I have a blog at theticotrio.blogspot.com. It's such a kick to follow around old friends through the blogosphere. Best to you and your happy threesome! -Megan

Grandma Julie said...

Carmen, you crafty girl, you!! That blanket will be perfect for the cooler weather...with or without Chloe! Love the concert tee blanket idea!

By the way, there's no Andrew mention in this post. Tsk, tsk.
Mom