Thursday, August 13, 2009

random selection of adventures

More about our travels! I have put in some pictures from Cooper's Landing. It was a beautiful day, so we decided to drive down with the girls (Chloe and Tuesday) to Scott's cabin on Kenai Lake. The guys took off mountain biking, and Amber and I set ourselves up on the shore and relaxed. We read stories to Tuesday (Chloe was asleep), and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Amber and Tuesday on the little deck on the shore.

Chloe asleep. She likes to cover her face when she sleeps :)

Once the guys got back we swapped the babies and took off on the Kayaks. (no pics of us, but here is one when the guys got their turn). The only downside to having a baby is that we can't go out on the kayak with her....I do recall someone suggesting a combo of duct tape, the kayak and a car seat...but we decided not to go with that idea.
Later that week Andrew took BJ out for the Alaskan fishing experience. It seems all Alaskan fishing endeavours begin at the crack of dawn. They left around 3:30 am. They took the little boat out to 20 mile (the name of the river, not the distance they went) to fish for salmon. They were quite successful!! Yay! BJ went home with a box stuffed full of yummy Alaskan salmon! Amber and I did not go, first because they left at 3:30 and second because there are often bears around there, and we didn't want the babies to become tasty bear treats.
Here is a picture of the girls riding in the car together. They did really well most of the time! It was a bit of a squeeze, but it worked! This was a picture from my birthday dinner. We planned to go out to Double Musky for amazing steak, but did not make it out of Anchorage. If you can see in the background there is a super long line of cars.....they were not moving. At all. There was an accident that shut down the highway, so instead of waiting in line for hours, we pulled off at Potters Marsh to walk along the new boardwalk.
Amber with Tuesday and Chloe. I cant wait to see how they relate to each other when they get older :)

I think that is the last of the random mix of photos. They wouldn't be so random if I had put them up in a timely manner, but hey better late than never!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pics of Garrison's trip... Looks like fun.
Julie

Amber said...

I love all of these photos! I haven't been able to get the photos off the CD you gave me, I think it's my computer, we'll see if Bj has better luck. I'm loading mine all on a CD for you now. We miss you so much!!!