Tuesday, April 3, 2012

day 7!!

Seven in a row!  It is for sure a new record.  Phew!  I can say for sure that I won't be posting again until we are in our new house!  Almost all of our furniture is out already, and I am scrunched down on the floor typing this post- the office chair and desk are gone.  The computer is next to be packed.  All we did today was pack, and load, pack and load. 

Chloe woke up excited for the day!  This is about 5 minutes after she woke up!  
 I also got Chloe involved in the packing process.  I figured she would probably be less likely to be upset that her things are going into boxes if she is the one who puts them in.  I was right she totally loves it. She says "its okay to pack this, I don't really use it that often...."  She said that about everything.  I even had to pull out a few of her stuffed animals because she wanted to pack every last one!  As you can see she packs like her dad.  
 Conor took the day off work to come help Andrew load up the trailer.  We are SO LUCKY to have friends who have trailers, and are willing to help load them with our stuff!  The boys will be doing a second load on Thursday morning, with the final scraps.
 It kind of looks like the grinch visited our house.
 Last of all we voted!  There was a mayoral election, but the big draw was a ballot measure to ensure equal rights for gay, lesbian and transgendered people in Alaska.  Believe it or not there is tons of debate about this issue here, and shockingly there are people against it.  They even stand on street corners holding up signs.  You would think it is only the crazies, but there is a pretty even split.  It is expected to be very close.  Really?  Come on.  Actually so many people came out to vote that they ran out of ballots at all of the polling stations and we had to do write-ins.   It is quite conservative up here, but  it isn't until there is an issue like this that I really notice the difference.  Marijuana is legal but somehow this is a problem?  (Actually I think it is just not illegal) Anyway enough politics!
Glad to be almost done packing, although I think the last few odds and ends will probably take more time to pack than I expect.  Maybe if I use the Chloe method I will be done sooner :)  Wish us luck!  Andrew reminds me that it isn't done until the paperwork is signed and the checks are written, and that doesn't happen until Thursday.  I am still excited!

3 comments:

Gma and Gpa P said...

wow, the house is soooo empty! Good idea to have Chloe pack up her toys and things. Sheer brilliance! We're excited for you. We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly when you sign on the dotted lines tomorrow.

Amber said...

So glad you are in your new house! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!! That is crazy about the election, I think our kids are seriously going to be like, "what?" the way we are with old laws against trans-race marriage, etc. Hopefully they'll be a lot more tolerant!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.