Monday, October 24, 2011

first plane ride

We made it down to Seattle for Maddie's first plane ride!  She did awesome and so did we!  Of course Chloe did great as always.  We are so lucky to have such great fliers!  I am still on maternity leave so this trip to Seattle was a little more relaxing for me (sort of).  We were down for work for Andrew.... so I did have some "Single Mommy" time in the big city of Tacoma.  We made the most of it!
We had an amazing hotel room right on the water so we spent a lot of time on the piers.
She has recently discovered pockets.....and loves putting things in them!
And she still LOVES running.  She loves it so much that it is extremely difficult to get a non-blurry photo :)
 After a morning on the piers we packed up an went to the Tacoma zoo.  It was AMAZING!!!
Chloe loved the aquarium most of all.
 I loved the tigers!  Can you believe how close they are??!
Roarrrrrr!!!

 Although I was a little nervous having the two girls on my own, it turned out to be a really really great day.  Too bad Andrew wasn't there to see the zoo.  I am pretty sure we had more fun than he did!  At the end of the day we packed up our stuff, loaded into the rental car and drove down to Oregon to see my family.  Again the trip went far better than expected, and the girls napped most of the time....after about an hour of kids music that is! Phew!

No comments: