Sunday, September 4, 2011

pictures from the week

Baby number one (Chloe) did not prepare me at all for the perils of baby number two (Madeline).  Holy moly, it is much tougher than I remembered.  Most nights I am up 5-6 times or about every hour with a crying baby who may or may not be able to be easily soothed back to sleep.  Some nights it takes more than 2 hours at 2 am, and multiple attempts to put Madeline back to sleep in her crib without her eyes popping open and screams shooting from her mouth.  Every once in a while I get a good night where she sleeps in at least 2 hour blocks (like last night), and it is glorious!  I LOVE the weekends,  Andrew is here all day long and takes the morning shift with both girls so I can sleep.  It is wonderful.  Aside from the sleeping at night issue, life is pretty awesome.  


Here is a picture following Madeline's first real bath.  

Chloe is an awesome big sister, and loves to kiss her baby sister about as often as we will let her.  With Amber's help I made the girls coordinating big sister and little sister shirts with my new silhouette (just like a printer except that it cuts instead of prints).  They each have their initial on the back.  Very cute!
 I also finished a new pair of wool knit pants for Madeline.  The pattern is linked here.  They look a little orange/red here but in person also have a pink hue.  The yarn is superwash merino wool so I can even wash them in the washing machine!  Pretty awesome right?!
Baby toes 
 close up of the glittery shirt.
 A hat I knit for Madeline when I was only a couple of months pregnant.  I used some left over yarn from one of Amber's amazing knitting projects to make this adorable little tri-tip hat.
 And pretty much the cutest picture ever.  Chloe is constantly doting on Madeline.  Here she is holding her hand as we drive to the fair.  So flipping cute!  Madeline is fast asleep but that doesn't deter her super loving big sister!
For the next few weeks I will probably just be posting pictures without too much narrative, as sleep is my number one priority these days....Well I suppose family is number one, sleep is number two, food is number three and personal hygiene (aka showering) is number four...... blogging and personal time didn't even make the ranked list.  Oh and coffee fits in there somewhere too :)

4 comments:

Gma and Gpa P said...

Cute, cute, cute! Keep the pics coming with or without narration. We're suffering withdrawl and need our g'daughter fix! Love to all.

Amber said...

Awe so sweet. We miss you guys already!

E-dub said...

Great pictures! You are so crafty!:)

Mary said...

Adorable! The things you've made for your girls are so sweet.