Sunday, September 18, 2011

color play

Awhile ago I came up with the idea of melting my own crayons into toddler manageable (less breakable) shapes.  The first time i did it, Chloe didn't participate much but this time it was a whole mornings activity.  First we sorted all of the crayons by color groups: reds, purples, oranges, purples etc.  here are the red/pinks.  This was hugely fun for Chloe to do.
 Next Chloe broke the crayons into pieces and put them in a bowl.  Then when she had broken enough of them she put them into the mold squares.  She was incredibly good at this.  I really did not expect her to be able to do every part of the process by herself (well mostly on her own).
Here is the finished product.  Reds and purples :)

 Not only did Chloe like making the crayons, but she liked playing with them when they were all done too!
Madeline chilled in her vibrating bounce chair, and was content to check out the progress from her snuggly blanket.
 Whoa, super cool!
  Life is still very hectic around here, but I am getting at least slightly better at finding fun things for Chloe to do that doesn't involve taking care of her baby sister.  Although if all we did was take care of Madeline I think Chloe would pretty much be in heaven anyway.  She love her "baby Madeline".

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awe you're such a fantastic mom! What a great activity! I never thought to have Tuesday help with this, but I found a heart shaped pan so I might have to do this soon.

Anonymous said...

Super cool crayons. I'm pinteresting them now. Madeline 100% looks like Andrew in those picts!