Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nap time

Usually naptime is a pretty routine thing.  Lately it has been a little different.  It used to be fun- we would read a few stories and Chloe would get into bed and we would sing a bedtime song.  Next everyone (lamby, elmo and chloe) get tucked in kissed and then I close the door.  That was nice, but now all of the sudden Chloe does NOT want a nap- even though these days she needs one more than ever.
 The other day Chloe didn't want to go down.  I let her know that it was time to rest and Mommy was going to close the door.  She screamed for a few minutes then I heard her start playing........  She was talking and laughing and playing for 30 minutes, then an hour, then two hours....Man she really wasn't tired so I decided that she at least had fulfilled some recharge time requirement (more like I had some recharge time!) and went in to get her.  This is what I saw when I opened the door.  Um crazy!!!!  Her room is always always always clean, even when I go in after naps.  Holy cow there were books and clothes everywhere,  she was naked from the waist down, her potty was on top of her little table, her blanket was stuffed into a garbage can on top of her bookshelf, extra blankets were strewn about the room, her drawers were open and the only saving grace is that she was super happy with herself.  Also I didn't leave any crayons or markers in her room.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this.  It was kind of what I expected to happen every time after we switched her to a big girl bed and can go about her room freely.  One room trashing in a few months isn't too bad!  It did take a lot of clean up effort though!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh man, that is so funny! I'm glad Tuesday is still railed in :)

Miss Erin said...

her room looks like so much fun, I probably wouldn't want to nap either! she is going to be a big sister soon, maybe she will nap with her new sister :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pro-medstaffing.com/michaelkorshandbagsj4.html][b]michael kors[/b][/url] family In many ways,going to be the saman tree and going to be the gardens a resource box presides well over add to understand more about going to be the majestic aura to do with going to be the site [url=http://www.pro-medstaffing.com/michaelkorshandbagsj4.html][b]michael kors bags outlet[/b][/url]