Wednesday, November 10, 2010

let it snow!


Winter is now here!!! I just got back from my great trip to Texas, and came home to snow! For those of you wondering Chloe did awesome with her Dad while I was gone, and is now sleeping through the night for the most part. I leave for a few days and Andrew fixes everything???!! Amazing parenting is all I can think of as the reason! That or luck.

There is so much snow I had to shovel the driveway......seriously! We of course jumped at the opportunity to get out the toys and start enjoying the world of winter sports! We took Chloe out in the chariot and did some great cross country skiing. It was socked in that day, but the snow was amazing!! Just minutes from our house, but a world away!
Andrew, a sleeping Chloe (in the Chariot) and our friend Scott posing for a picture about 45 min out on power line pass.
Me posing with a massive moose who was lounging by the side of the trail. He is much closer than he looks. We saw 9 moose that day in just 2 hours! It was awesome!!
Here is a close up of my new moose friend. Chillin' in the snow.
Andrew all harnessed up to the chariot, which has attachable cross country skis of it's own! Finally I can keep up with him!
The happy family all skied out and ready for some hot cocoa!
Chloe got her first taste of snow that day.
Mmm DELICIOUS! She would have stayed out there all day just eating snow if we had let her. Actually it is about the only thing she wants to do when she gets out there. At home she even wants me to go outside and bring her back bowls of snow to eat. Free entertainment---I like it!
The snow is just amazing up here! The trails were fast, and the snow is deep (relatively for this time of year...maybe 2 feet or so?). It is plenty deep for skiing, which is what I care about! I can't wait to get back out there. With Chloe's self enforced early bedtime of 6:30 pm, it makes it a bit tough to get out there after work, but I think we can make it work at least once during the work week and as much as possible on the weekends. I am READY for winter!

Also if anyone in the Anchorage area is interested in taking a knitting class with me, please let me know! I want to learn to knit Christmas stockings. Since I haven't started yet I may be looking at Christmas stockings for next year (like the Halloween garland I am still working on) but I still want to give it a try. I think it would be so awesome to have ones that I made myself. Sewing is cheating- I want them to be knit!

Happy winter everyone!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I have to tell you I am honestly afraid we are going to be big fat sleep deprived slobs compared to you guys in Hawaii. Seriously, can Andrew fix Tuesday too?!?! Such a cute snowy outing, I love that snow gear!