Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Halloween?

Okay so some of you may remember that I was working on a Halloween decoration project BEFORE Halloween. Well, I got sick then had travel then got wrapped up in being a MOM....long story short, I didn't even come close to finishing it on time. Well the way I look at it, I finished it super early for next year! Here is the project:

cut circles (step 75 in the process)
I started out with a yard of each color of felt. It was too thin and floppy so I used spray adhesive on the back of each sheet and folded them in half for double thickness. I was left with nice thick and firm felt sheets. I then cut the felt into strips and then into squares of varying sizes. I then cut the squares into circles. (oh my gosh my fingers had blisters and I am pretty sure I sprained my wrist in this two week marathon cutting project). But I had a lot of felt circles to show for the pain and suffering of crafting.

Next I used invisible thread and sewed the circles into a long streamer. Really really really long streamers. I think it could wrap around the house :) I went a little overboard. Here is a mountain of sewn streamers.
Here is what they look like hung.
Hung by the fireplace with care...stockings may be more appropriate this time of year.
Anyway this project turned out great, and I would like to do it for other holidays but think I am going to give my fingers a rest this season and start again when I am sure I have enough time and wrist dexterity to finish the job on schedule. (Thanks for the idea Amber!!! Although I am not sure how you "whipped them up" in mere hours. I am definitely not ready to join your craft big leagues. I will stick to the t-ball league)

No comments: