Friday, January 29, 2010

Still Here :)

I just realized that it has been over a week since I have posted anything! Gosh! We are still here, and still doing great! Chloe is growing and changing by the minute! This is both good and also a little challenging for the parents....

Chloe now LOVES to be on her play mat. She rolls around and plays with everything...even tiny tiny pieces of dirt. She may even like the tiny pieces of dirt/rocks/who knows what, more than her toys. She doesn't put them in her mouth but moves the tiny speck around with her fingers while concentrating really hard. Our house isn't dirty, but she finds everything! It is really adorable, except that it reminds me I now need to vacuum twice a day. (not that I do, but I probably should)
She also learned to scoot backwards.....I was working on my computer during one of her mat playtime sessions and looked up to find Chloe all the way across the room. She started right next to me. Oh no. This is when the work really begins, from what I have heard! For about a week she could only scoot backwards, which leads to problems when one gets into a corner. She wasn't too happy to get stuck here, but I got her out right after I grabbed the camera and took a picture.
We also had other adventures over the past two weeks.... We went to Whittier harbor and took pictures for Andrew's work. It was a gorgeous day, very clear and very sunny. We missed the tunnel back to Anchorage and got stuck there for an hour until the tunnel opened again. (the only way into Whittier is through a one way tunnel that was cut through a huge mountain. It is only open for 15 minutes in each direction, separated by 15 minute exhaust clear out times) Well apparently that day they decided to only open it for 5 min each hour.....so we missed the tunnel. Luckily there is a hotel there where we could grab a drink and relax a bit. Chloe loved being out of the car seat with her Dad!

More fun with Dad.
I also finally got my act together and finished sewing a present for baby Mia (who was born before Christmas). Chloe also got into the spirit, and wanted to do a photo shoot...what a sweet girl, right? We can't wait to meet Mia, Congratulations Brian and Natalie!
We had fun with it!
Holy cow, I just realized Chloe is now 8 months old! Wow! Hopefully life will slow down a little in the next while so I can get some more posts up. Pretty soon she will be one, and I want to savor all of the time and capture all of the memories. That might be an oxymoron but with my memory (bad) I have to post, otherwise I will not know where the time went!

4 comments:

colorchic said...

Fun to see updated photos and to see the changes in Chloe. She's adorable and will keep you on your toes now that she's moving about. Enjoy the fun!

Amber said...

How funny those are classic learning to crawl pictures! I already am forgetting little phases like that!

Gma Julie and Gpa Allen said...

Wow, that's a major milestone. She'll love the photo in the corner one day!!
If only Swiffer made a pad that attaches to baby clothes...

Carmen said...

Her clothes ARE the swiffer pads. Everything sticks to her :)