Monday, July 20, 2009

Boating is More Fun in the Sun

We took Chloe out on the boat for the first time this weekend! We were hoping she would have the boating genes from Andrew's side of the family, not the extreme sea sickness genes from my side. Well so far she is more like Andrew. Phew! Not an ounce of sea sickness.



This is how the day started out. Everyone happy and awake. It was foggy, and misty out.





Then after about 7 minutes... Chloe was conked out. She enjoyed some grandma time.



Now here is where she starts to take after me. While Andrew braved the elements and fished, us girls read trashy magazine and napped. If it was sunny we would have been on the upper deck, but by this time it was windy and rainy and the seas were choppy. Not a nice day to soak up rays and take in the scenery. But it was a nice day to relax and catch up on Hollywood gossip. For instance: Did you know that Renee Zellweger and Jennifer Aniston were supposedly fighting over Bradley Cooper? Oh the drama. :) Just as we docked the boat the rain started POUNDING down on us.... from the boat to the car we were all given a complementary shower. (except Chloe who was cozy under blankets and my jacket.) We couldn't have been wetter if someone sprayed us with a hose. When we got back home it was showers for the grown ups and a bath for the baby.


Chloe can now sit up on her own in the tub. She loves bath time! She still isn't able to grasp toys, or able to control her hands very well, but soon I am sure we will be able to pull out all of those super fun looking bath toys.
This morning it is rainy and gloomy, but it will be a good day to play around the house. By "play" I mean clean. Andrew is taking care of Chloe later this afternoon so I can have my very first "me" day. I am finally getting a haircut and some much needed color! This is a very exciting day for me. Thanks Andrew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! She's holding her head up so well now! Tell Donna to hold her extra for me!
Julie, the OTHER grandma