Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Amazing Thanksgiving Weekend

We had the MOST WONDERFUL Thanksgiving weekend this year!  We had a delicious and always fun dinner with Andrew's parents and the Haugen's up at their amazing home.  I have some super cute pictures to post but unfortunately this site says I have reached my photo limit....... I have also reached my wakefulness limit and am not going to try to figure it out tonight.  Maddie has been up since 5 two days in a row, and I am staring at a pile of laundry up to my waist in need of folding--this is not a Maddie friendly activity as she thinks it is super fun to pull everything down onto the floor!  Why does my "me time" seem to be dominated by cleaning and folding...not cool.  On the bright side this phase will hopefully only last another year :)

On Friday morning after Thanksgiving we packed up all of our gear and headed out to Girdwood to stay at Chuck and Farah's cabin for the weekend.  Again I have tons of great pics.....hopefully I will get this figured out soon (maybe Maddie will take a long nap tomorrow??).  It was a thoroughly relaxing weekend filled with sledding, snow, sitting by the fire, jenga, dominos, card games, forts, baking cookies, pretend and everything else non-digital.  Although the house is equipped with wi-fi, TVs, and a huge dvd collection we decided to have an electronic free weekend.  We even missed the civil war game which was a little bit rough but worth it.  The relaxation we got from really unplugging and getting away was wonderful.  Andrew did have to work some of the time, but for the most part we were just spending lots and lots of quality time together.  Chloe loved it so much she wants to live there and was not very happy to find out that we would not be moving in at the end of the weekend.  Ah it would sure be nice to have our own place out there!

We are so lucky to have such amazing friends who let us use their cabin.  Thank you SO MUCH Farah!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That sounds awesome. I don't know if we could do an unplugged weekend, but we should try!

Amber said...

You need to figure out this no picture blog problem!!!