Tuesday, July 14, 2009

9 lbs 7.8 oz of love!

Chloe got a good bill of health from the doctor! She is a healthy little baby girl! Today was her 6 week check up, and she has grown so much. She is now 21 and 1/2 inches long....that is a 1 and 1/2 inch gain since she was born. She is now just below the 50th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. Phew, she is in proportion and still completely adorable.

Not all of the visit was fun though.... she had her first immunizations (since leaving the hospital). Doesn't this just break your heart. What a horribly sad little face-- her's not mine.
This is the worst one. It isn't easy seeing your baby in pain and not be able to do anything for them. Chloe's little baby band aids. She had so many vaccinations, that they had to use both legs. She is doing much better now that it is all over.

Does it make us bad parents that we took pictures while our baby screamed? In our defense she almost never cries, and never screams so we wanted to capture the moment.

The doctor's visit wore poor Chloe out. She has been sleeping in these huge 4 hour stretches since we got home. She wakes up to eat then is out for the count again. Here's hoping it lasts through the night.

Also I have to show what Chloe looked like before the doctor today. She is wearing the sweater Amber made for her! Oh my gosh I LOVE this sweater! Amber can we have one in every size?

Tomorrow is another day of work, so I am going to get my rest. Today was my first day back and it was actually good to get back into the swing of things. I forgot how much I love my job! Sure a 6 week break was nice, but like they say-- distance makes the heart grow fonder :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Awe poor little thing. Tutu just had shorts as well and did not like them one bit. I'm looking forward to her next checkup, at nine months because it is shot free! She looks so cute in that sweater, I could have sworn she was longer than that, she looks so tall! I know I need to knit more, but it's hard now that Tuesday reaches around while she nurses!